HVAC Zone System
Posted on December 27, 2021 by All Contractor Marketing
HVAC Zone System
Your family may disagree over the thermostat, or certain rooms may need more heat or AC than others. Andy Lewis / Hobson Heating & Air can provide an HVAC zone system to your current HVAC system that can solve many of your temperature problems. Without an HVAC zoning system, the only way to control the temperature of each room is shutting the air vents manually. This prevents good airflow in the entire house, which can be harmful to the system. A safer, more efficient solution is adding thermostats to different areas of the house. Then, the thermostats can control different areas of the house to the desired temperatures, so no more fighting over the thermostat!
Advantages of Zoning
All homes can benefit from a zoning system. However, those with multiple levels and high ceilings tend to benefit from the feature the most. All homes that install a zoning system through Andy Lewis / Hobson Heating & Air will reap these benefits:
- You get to choose! HVAC zoning provides customizable installations where the homeowner can pick what rooms need the most control. This is usually based off shade, fans, room usage, natural sunlight, and areas with appliances. The “zones” of the house can be chosen by you!
- Increase the lifetime of your system! By adding more thermostats, you reduce the amount the HVAC system must work to heat or cool the whole house. Zoning the areas of the house make it easier on the system and can extend its lifetime. HVAC systems are a big investment—taking care of the system can save you money for years to come.
More Advantages of Zoning
- Your system becomes more energy efficient. This may be the best benefit of all, as it saves you money on those monthly power bills. How does it save energy? You may have unused rooms that you can keep warmer during the summer and cooler during the winter to minimize energy usage and keep your system running efficiently for those areas of the house used every day.
- Zoning increases comfort! Your family can better relax by monitoring and controlling areas of the house at different temperatures. Whether you like to sleep in the coldest or warmest room of the house—you get to decide!
- The system is quieter when operating. Normally, your system may blow cold air as much as possible to get it through the whole house. Zones allow for better regulation on how the air is dispersed, which will quiet the system down. It doesn’t have to work as hard, so it operates much quieter!
Installing the Zoning System
The cost of installing a zoning system varies greatly depending on the type and size of the house, and the parts needed. There are three main parts installed in your home: zone control panels, thermostats, and zone dampers. The panel is the main controller of the zoning system, and the temperatures will give that panel signals when certain zones need to adjust the temperature. The dampers are installed in your ductwork to regulate the airflow; they are connected to a specific zone and respond to the thermostat’s readings. Many ask, “Do I need a whole new HVAC system?”, and the answer is no! A zoning system can be added to virtually any system to revamp its abilities to cool and heat the home.
Schedule a Quote- Cumming, GA
At Andy Lewis / Hobson Heating & Air, we provide free in-home quotes for any customers curious about the next steps to improve their HVAC system. Our technicians are certified in zoning and recommending the best options for your home. We can discuss your budget, wants, and needs with the new installation. In addition, our team only receives positive remarks from homeowners who decide to install a zoning system with Andy Lewis / Hobson Heating & Air. We work hard to get our customers exactly what they want at the best price. Call us today to ask any follow-up questions, become a new customer, or schedule a quote with our team!